This all-time favorite dish has paneer cooked in a creamy makhani sauce.
Shahi paneer is one of the most popular cuisines in the northern part of India. It’s a tradition recipe that has been followed from generations and has been in the limelight since the time of Mughals. Creamy, aromatic and rich in taste, this is one of the best paneer recipes that can be cooked for parties with a smooth texture.
- Add oil in pan/kadai. Once hot, saute paneer for 2 mins till they turn mild brown in color.
- Now in a pan add oil or butter then saute cinnamon, cloves, elaichi and pepper.
- Once the aroma appears start adding cashew flavour then almonds sweet and stir for few mins. Now add onion, ginger concentrate, garlic concentrate and saute one by one. Then add tomato puri.
- Now add the dry powders like turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Once the raw smell leaves, remove from pan and let it cool. Then blend them smooth in a blender.
- Now again heat pan and add some butter, now add this smooth paste and let it cook for few min. Add some water say 1/2 glass of water and let it cook.
- Now add salt and when they start to thicken little bit add paneer and fresh cream. Let it cook for 5 min and switch off the flame. Garnish with kasoori methi leaves and serve it hot with chapati or Garlic Naan.
Points to remember:
- Do not cook more than 5 mins after adding paneer, otherwise the paneer will get hard.
- You can add coriander leaves if you don't have dry methi leaves.